manifoldcf-dev mailing list archives

From Karl Wright <daddy...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: ManifoldCF transformation connector for Apache Stanbol
Date Fri, 13 Nov 2015 13:30:48 GMT
I, too, agree.  Somebody will need to turn this connector into one that
plays by the rules.  It may be possible for someone on the team here to do
that, but it won't be me; I'm seriously overextended at the moment.  It
would be best if someone who knew the connector well could do the necessary
work.

Karl

On Fri, Nov 13, 2015 at 5:45 AM, Rafa Haro <rharoapache@gmail.com> wrote:

> I must agree with Antonio. When I started to work on this I was expecting
> the connector to work by just extracting the entities and entities metadata
> and put them as plain metadata of the documents, probably following LDPATH
> queries configuration
>

> This is probably ok for Sensefy but I don’t think this could be suitable
> to be included in the project. But this is only my opinion. Of course, a
> version of the connector that fully respect the ManifoldCF architecture
> would be more than welcome in my opinion
>
> On Fri, Nov 13, 2015 at 11:38 AM, Antonio David Pérez Morales
> <adperezmorales@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Hi
> > The removal of the SolrWrapper is a must. It was a requirement for an
> > internal project which has nothing to do here with a normal operation of
> > Manifold, so forcing the users to use Solr does not fit the Manifold
> > philosophy.
> > In my opinion, at this moment, a Stanbol connector with such a big
> > dependency which will not fit almost any use case is not very useful.
> > You should think a way to convert Stanbol connector into a normal
> > Transformation connector without assuming that a specific output
> connector
> > will be used.
> > Regards
> >> Hi guys,
> >>
> >> I have developed a Stanbol connector for MCF. You can check it out from
> our
> >> github repo here:
> >>

> https://github.com/zaizi/sensefy-connectors/tree/master/transformation/mcf-stanbol-connector
> >>
> >> It requires the SolrWrapper output connector which indexes enhanced
> >> documents, entities and entityTypes in separate Solr cores. Basically it
> >> requires 3 separate solr cores configured with a specific Solr schema
> for
> >> primary documents, entities and entityTypes separately. This was done
> for
> >> our specific use-case.
> >>
> >> The SolrWrapper code is here :
> >>

> https://github.com/zaizi/sensefy-connectors/tree/master/output/mcf-solrwrapperconnector
> >>
> >> Perhaps we can discuss and remove the Stanbol connector's dependency
> with
> >> SolrWrapper and have it working with any output connector.
> >> Please note that the Stanbol connector currently has a bug in the UI
> >> (editSpecification) which I'm working on at the moment. After fixing
> that I
> >> will update here. And also I will provide documentations for configuring
> [...]
Bush