manifoldcf-dev mailing list archives

From Adrian Conlon <Adrian.Con...@arup.com>
Subject Some questions about trunk and ManifoldCF 2.3
Date Fri, 16 Oct 2015 15:20:18 GMT
Hi List,

I'm interested in the forthcoming release of ManifoldCF, 2.3 and was wondering if the current
trunk is effectively what'll be in this release.  Specifically, I'm only really concerned
with one new feature, the update to Tika 1.10.  It includes a new version of POI which includes
a couple of bug fixes from myself.

So, if I were to build trunk, would it be a drop in replacement to 2.2?  I'm not too worried
about existing crawler databases etc., more concerned about configurations and general stability.

I'm not intending to hold it against the project if things go wrong!  I do realise that:

a)      It's unreleased trunk

b)      There's an updated release coming along at the end of December (if Jira is correct)

Thanks,

Adrian

p.s.
It'd also be useful to confirm that 2.3 is still on track for the end of the year...