manifoldcf-dev mailing list archives

From Karl Wright <daddy...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Potential Issue with pausing jobs
Date Thu, 17 Sep 2015 15:26:39 GMT
Hi Niall,

Pausing and resuming a job should have no effects *other* than
reprioritization of the active documents on the queue, which if there are a
lot of them, may take some time.

So let's ask some basic questions.  (1) How many active documents on your
queue? (2) What kind of synchronization are you using?  Is this single
process, or multiprocess?  (3) Is this a continuous crawl?

And on a side note, what is the difference between pausing a job and
aborting a job?
<<<<<<

I can't fully answer that unless I know the characteristics of your job,
especially continuous crawl vs. crawl to completion.

Karl