manifoldcf-dev mailing list archives

From Karl Wright <daddy...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [GSoC] Confluence Authority Connector
Date Fri, 10 Jul 2015 23:19:33 GMT
bq. Karl one question about repository connector document retainment. I'm
using
the activities.retainAllComponentDocument(docId) method of IProcessActivity
to retain the document and avoid to be reindexed.

Hi Antonio,

checkDocumentNeedsReindexing() is the standard way of determining whether a
document needs to be reindexed or not.  You can follow the template present
in multiple other connectors that use this method.

retainAllComponentDocuments() is basically a shorthand way of determining
the disposition of document components.  I don't believe you even use
document components in the confluence connector, although I could be wrong
about that?  In general, if your connector doesn't do anything with
components at all, you will not need to call this method.

Thanks,
Karl