manifoldcf-dev mailing list archives

From Brad Dennis <Brad.Den...@directsupply.com>
Subject Webconnector: Comparison operator '<' in the body of a script tag
Date Wed, 24 Jun 2015 13:45:28 GMT
Hi,

There appears to be a bug in the TagParseState when the comparison operator '<'  is encountered
in the body of  a script tag.  It appears to get flagged as an open tag and then the next
'</' closes it.  In my case, the next '</' is the script tag.  The ScriptParseState
chomps everything until it encounters a second </script> tag.

A live link that demonstrates this bug is here:
http://www.prnewswire.com/search-results/news/Google%252C%2520Inc.-30-days-page-1-pagesize-20

The '<' near line 2826 in the script body that begins near   line 2759 begins a new tag
'arraykeywords.length' which gets closed by the '</' in the closing script tag.  The ScriptParseState
chomps all the html until it sees the end script tag near line 3385.

At the moment, I'm not sure of a solution other than pushing the script tag handling up to
the TagParseState and treating it like CDATA is.

Thanks,

Brad Dennis