manifoldcf-dev mailing list archives

From Antonio David Pérez Morales <adperezmora...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [GSoC] Confluence connector project status after bonding period
Date Fri, 05 Jun 2015 16:48:44 GMT
Hi devs and all

As part of the development of the Atlassian Confluence connector for
Manifold, I have created a repository [1] on my GitHub account
Moreover I have developed and pushed the first version of the Confluence
repository connector on a branch called 'feature/repository-connector'.
This first version of the repository connector allows to crawl all the
Confluence pages contained in the spaces (only pages), with the possibility
to filter by a space.
At this moment, only one space or all of them can be configured to be
crawled, but I will continue improving the connector adding more features
like configuring more than one space or others you may see interesting to
be added.
The ACLs of the documents crawled are the space it belongs to, so that it
is aligned with the proposal for the Authority connector starting at Space
level and then going more fine grain if necessary.
There are no tests included at this moment, because I'm working on them.

To see if the proposed Authority connector could be developed in a good
way, I have done a quick proof of concept with the logic of it and I was
able to get the spaces which the user has permission to access. So I can
confirm that at space level, we can add permissions to the documents
crawled in order to filter them later on the search engine being used.

One important thing is that the new Confluence REST Api does not include
any endpoints for permissions yet, so legacy API's have to be used for that
while Confluence developers port completely the legacy methods to the new
api.

I will continue improving the repository connector and thinking new
features to be added, but if you think some feature is interesting or good
to have, please let me know and I will take a look in order to include it.

As stated in the proposal, the Authority Connector is planned for the
second part of the project, but I started to work a bit on it to make sure
we can have a general working version and then iteratively improving it.

As always, comments and suggestions are more than welcome.

Regards

[1] https://github.com/adperezmorales/confluence-manifold-connector/