manifoldcf-dev mailing list archives

From Karl Wright <daddy...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [Respository Connector] Connections
Date Wed, 13 May 2015 09:56:16 GMT
Hi Alessandro,

You should also have in your connector code, for the method disconnect(),
the following:

session = null;

This guarantees that the number of sessions is limited to the number of
connected connections.

As for the total number, as of MCF 1.5 these are tracked across cluster
members.  So when you set a maximum number of connections to 10, that means
there will be no more than 10 active sessions, for all processes in the
cluster, including the UI.

Before MCF 1.5, no cross-cluster connection limits were enforced, so
documentation from earlier may say the wrong thing.

Thanks,
Karl

On Wed, May 13, 2015 at 5:43 AM, Alessandro Benedetti <abenedetti@apache.org