manifoldcf-dev mailing list archives

From Alessandro Benedetti <abenede...@apache.org>
Subject [Repository Connector] In Job Repository Config modification
Date Thu, 09 Apr 2015 09:55:56 GMT
Hi guys,
I have one question :
*ManifoldCF Version* : 1.8

Developing a custom Repository Connector I have the need of updating the
Repository Connector config based on a Custom Listener of events of a
custom Publisher .

This listener will react to the publisher events during a Job execution (
i.e. can happen during the addSeeds or the processDocuments) .
The listener will need to change the repository config accordingly and save
them in the database.
The main reason for this is that we need to store in the DB the status of
the publisher, because a new Job will need to use the updated Repo
Connectors config ( changed by others jobs) .
To simplify the problem let's assume we do not have concurrency problems
right now.
In the future we will need to  implement a solution that will be thread
safe.

Cheers

--

Benedetti Alessandro