manifoldcf-dev mailing list archives

From Rafa Haro <rh...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [GSoC-idea] Confluence Connector
Date Wed, 11 Mar 2015 15:30:01 GMT
Hi Dimuthu,

Yes, I created that ticket because there was also another student interested in developing
the Confluence connector. There was also another ticket for this edition of GSoC related to
Manifold that was about implementing an output connector for Apache Kafka. Unfortunately,
I only have time for mentoring one of the projects due to my time availability restrictions.
In this situation, usually the way to proceed is the following: if there is more than one
student interested in the same project, I will evaluate both proposal and the best one will
win. If there is enough mentors or another committer would like to mentor the other project,
one of the student can make a proposal to the other one. I was mentoring another Apache project
last year and we really tried, whenever was possible, to not get the students competing between
them for the same project for several reasons:

- If we cover all the GSoC tickets, that is of course better for Apache Manifold
- Sometimes it is quite hard to score the proposals because normally they are all very good

Anyway, the probability to have several students competing for the same GSoC project is always
high. So in the absence of more mentors, I would aim all the students to make their proposal
(you can of course apply for more than one project) and the mentors will internally score
them.

All the best,
Rafa

En 11 de marzo de 2015 en 14:53:17, Karl Wright (daddywri@gmail.com) escrito:

Hi Dlmuthu,

I saw your comment in the ticket for this connector. The ticket was
created by Rafa Haro, who would be the mentor for this project. Please
wait for his response.

Thanks,
Karl

On Wed, Mar 11, 2015 at 9:35 AM, DImuthu Upeksha <dimuthu.upeksha2@gmail.com