manifoldcf-dev mailing list archives

From Karl Wright <daddy...@gmail.com>
Subject Manifold 2.1, 1.9 release plans
Date Wed, 25 Mar 2015 12:56:18 GMT
Dear ManifoldCF Committers,

As per our tradition, the next major release of ManifoldCF (both the 1.x
and 2.x variants) is scheduled for the end of April.

I think it would be best to have an RC0 around April 15, which is in 3
weeks.  Is this acceptable?  If so:

(1) I am looking for volunteers to do the release engineering for this pair
of releases.
(2) It would be great if committers could look through their tickets, and
postpone any tickets that they think they will not be able to get to before
RC0

I think it is also time to start the discussion about limiting future
releases of the 1.x branch.  The plan calls for releases to continue for a
year.  But we were silent on whether or not new features will all be
backported into the 1.x branch for that whole time.  I am inclined to
recommend that the April 30 1.9 release be the last one which is guaranteed
to contain all the same features as 2.1.  What do you think?

If I can be of any assistance, please let me know.
Karl