manifoldcf-dev mailing list archives

From DImuthu Upeksha <dimuthu.upeks...@gmail.com>
Subject [GSoC-idea] Confluence Connector
Date Wed, 11 Mar 2015 13:35:32 GMT
Hi all,

I'm Dimuthu Upeksha, a Computer Engineering Undergraduate from University
of Moratuwa - Sri Lanka. I did my last two GSoCs with Apache ISIS and
Apache PDFBox. I'm hope to participate to GSoC this time also. I found the
issue [1] mentioned in ManifoldCF jira page very interesting. I believe
that I have basic context knowledge to continue that project.

As a part of my final year project I have been working in implementing web
crawlers. I specially implemented a web crawler to extract content from
"Sinhala" blogs using Google blogger API and Google feed burner. Also I
have a good experience in both REST and SOAP API communication. [3] is the
REST API project we have developed for our final year project. In my
internship at WSO2 I have been working in developing connectors for
Confluence, Jira, LDAP and SVN that support for WSO2 ESB. So I have a good
idea about Confluence API. [4] is the LDAP connector for WSO2 ESB.

For now, to have an initial idea about MainifildCF I'm referring to
ManifioldCF in Action book. Also I have managed to clone ManifildCF project
from Github [5]. I found a document [6] that gives an idea about
implementing both Repository and Authority Connectors for ManifoldCF. In
addition to above resources is there anything I can use to have an idea
about the project and scope of the project idea?

[1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CONNECTORS-1161
[2] https://github.com/DImuthuUpe/BlogCrawler
[3] https://github.com/DImuthuUpe/SinminREST
[4]