manifoldcf-dev mailing list archives

From Alessandro Benedetti <abenede...@apache.org>
Subject [Windows Shares Connector] Un-expected removal of all documents
Date Tue, 31 Mar 2015 13:30:17 GMT
Hi guys,
playing with the Windows Shares Connector in ManifoldCF 1.8 I encountered
this problem :

*Scenario*
*1)* Indexing windows Shares server
*2)* Indexing successfully finished with N docs indexed
*3)* Offline ,while no indexing is happening, Shares server side, the
Administrator password changes
*4) *Repository Connector is not able to connect anymore(of course because
the password has changed)

*Expected Behaviour*
As I user I would like to see an error message, that will let me understand
the issue, not losing all my N indexed docs .

*Reason*
Taking a look into the code, the problems seems to be in the :
org.apache.manifoldcf.crawler.connectors.sharedrive.SharedDriveConnector#getDocumentVersions
where it tries to access each document singularly through Samba, and
removing them one by one if not reachable anymore.

*Solution*
Before scanning each document, we have to be sure the connection is working.
If not this is only armful.

I will continue investigating, but I would like your opinion as well

Cheers

--

Benedetti Alessandro

"Tyger, tyger burning bright