manifoldcf-dev mailing list archives

From Karl Wright <daddy...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: LockGate
Date Fri, 19 Dec 2014 00:27:20 GMT
Hi Aeham,

I honestly can't remember this issue even occurring in the first place,
even though the code was written just a year ago.

Normally for something like this I would have opened a ticket, but I can't
find any.  That argues that there was a logic error that I found and fixed
during the original development.  I certainly do not remember having anyone
raise this issue at all in the past year.

If you have a lock up, it's never wrong to get a thread dump and send it
along to me.  The reason is that lockups often have causes that have
nothing to do with lock management, but are the result of escalating
carnage from one stuck thread, or from a deadlock.  It's also helpful to
know when you first started to see the failure.  If this is right after the
hashed lock names fix I just committed, then I would have concerns that
that fix was in fact causative.

Karl