manifoldcf-dev mailing list archives

From Karl Wright <daddy...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Support for OpenText Livelink Webservice API
Date Mon, 08 Dec 2014 11:38:42 GMT
Hi Odilo,

I answered this question not long ago on the same list.
In order for us to develop a new Livelink connector that does not rely on
LAPI, the following things would be necessary:

(1) A user who is willing to work with us over an extended period of time
to develop such a connector
(2) If it's SOAP, we'd also need the WSDLs for the web service(s) that are
meant to replace LAPI functions
(3) It's possible, depending on how much use of XSDs that such an API makes
use of, that we'd be unable to fully support the current functionality of
the Livelink connector in the new world -- but we won't know that until at
least (2) takes place

Thanks,
Karl