manifoldcf-dev mailing list archives

From Karl Wright <daddy...@gmail.com>
Subject ManifoldCF 2.0 is coming! (and, 1.8 too...)
Date Thu, 13 Nov 2014 14:10:36 GMT
Hi all,

This is a reminder that MCF 2.0 and MCF 1.8 are both scheduled to be
released at the end of 2014.  Usually this means that we start to wind down
development a month in advance, and plan to have a release candidate two
weeks beforehand.  In this case, the dates to keep in mind would be
December 1 and December 15.

The fact that we are going to be releasing two artifacts at the same time
may complicate this picture, since I think we're going to want to only be
considering and voting on one release at a time.  I suggest that we release
MCF 2.0 first, since any fixes we make during the release process can then
be pulled up to the dev_1x branch and included in MCF 1.8.

With the schedule in mind, now is the time to start looking at any
outstanding MCF 2.0 tickets that you have assigned to you.  If you are sure
you will not have time to work on any specific ticket in your queue, please
respond to this email and we can decide what to do with that ticket.

The good news is that, currently, ALL of the really disruptive
backwards-compatibility-breaking work that we've discussed for MCF 2.0 will
be complete as soon as the changes for CONNECTORS-1100 are pulled into
trunk.  At that point, any of the remaining MCF 2.0 tickets that are open
can simply be postponed with little harm.

Thanks again!
Karl