manifoldcf-dev mailing list archives

From Maurizio Pillitu <m...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Questions pertaining to Alfresco webscript connector UI
Date Sat, 11 Oct 2014 16:33:41 GMT
Hi everyone,

my name is Maurizio Pillitu and this is my first email as Apache ManifoldCF
committer; I'm extremely excited to be part of this team and I'm looking
forward to working with each and everyone of you. A special thanks to Karl
who led the Alfresco Webscript Connector integration and proposed my
committership.

I'm currently working as Consultant in the Alfresco Professional Services
team (http://www.alfresco.com/services/consulting); I'm 34, resident in
Amsterdam, but living in airports, covering EMEA territory; if you want to
know more about me you will find me at http://blog.session.it and as maoo
at apache.org, github.com, twitter.com, about.me

My comments interleaved...

On Sat, Oct 11, 2014 at 5:16 PM, Rafa Haro <rharo@apache.org> wrote:

> Those are probably more suitable to be answered by Maurizio :-) but I will
> try :
>

> En 11 de octubre de 2014 en 14:25:25, Karl Wright (daddywri@gmail.com)
> escrito:
>
> Hi Rafa and Maurizio,
>
> I just committed a UI test for the alfresco webscript connector, and while
>
> I was at it, I needed to fix a few things to get it to pass. I noted that
> the UI seems perhaps overly general, and started wondering if we should
> tighten it up a bit. To that end, I have a few questions:
>
> (1) What are legal values for storeprotocol? "workspace", but what else?
> I suspect this is not open-ended.
>
> That one definitively is for Maurizio

This is the list of stores in Alfresco; nodeRefs are built with the
<protocol>://<identifier>/<UUID> convention.

Protocol​/​Identifier
---
user​/alfrescoUserStore
system​/system
workspace​/lightWeightVersionStore
workspace​/version2Store
archive​/SpacesStore
workspace​/SpacesStore

The only stores that have sense to index are workspace://SpacesStore and
archive://SpacesStore, since the others are used by Alfresco internals and
can be queried using Restful APIs.

> (2) Where is the port supposed to go? If the port is expected to be
> attached to the hostname, then it should be a separate field.
>
> Yep, exactly
>

> (3) Am I correct in guessing that "endpoint" should always start with a "/"
>
> and not be empty? Or, can it be empty?
>
> Not empty and following a normal installation of the alfresco-indexer
> plugin in alfresco, can be a fixed value

The "endpoint" attribute defaults to "/alfresco/service", where "/alfresco"
is the servlet context (variable) and "/service" is the same for all
Alfresco installations; I'd propose to replace "endpoint" with "context"
(or similar, alternatives are welcome) and compose the final Url in the
connect() method.

> (4) Can the username or password be empty?
>
> Nop

​I think it could/should, depending on the Alfresco Webscript
authentication settings; if webscripts are configured to accept
unauthenticated connections, the Alfresco Manifold ​connector could provide
empty username/password.