manifoldcf-dev mailing list archives

From Karl Wright <daddy...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Logging
Date Fri, 17 Oct 2014 08:53:22 GMT
Hi Muhammed,

The problems with that idea are several:

(1) You don't know where the logs are, or if/when they rolled.  All of that
is configured in the logging.ini file.
(2) The logs may be very very large.
(3) The logs are meant for a different sort of user than the typical UI
user.

The only programs I know who allow you to view logs capture them explicitly
themselves, for example Jenkins.

It is probably far better to capture more kinds of activities in the simple
history than to try to provide a log viewer in the UI.  Can you describe
what you would want to look for?

Karl