manifoldcf-dev mailing list archives

From Karl Wright <daddy...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Compatibility between 1.x and 2.0, and release plans going forward
Date Mon, 13 Oct 2014 10:16:25 GMT
Hi Aeham,

My suggestion to you is to stay on 1.x.  Upgrade to 1.7.1, and to 1.8 when
it is released.  We've committed to supporting 1.x for as long as necessary.

The schema will indeed change, and will not change in a manner where a
straightforward upgrade is possible, because (for example) the Forced
Metadata built in tab goes away entirely, as does the corresponding column
in the IngestStatus table.  In some circumstances, a hand upgrade might be
possible, but in other cases you will probably not be able to do it,
because the contents of the fields would need to be altered in a
non-obvious manner.

Thanks,
Karl