manifoldcf-dev mailing list archives

From Aeham Abushwashi <aeham.abushwa...@exonar.com>
Subject Re: Compatibility between 1.x and 2.0, and release plans going forward
Date Mon, 13 Oct 2014 09:10:26 GMT
Thanks Karl,

What are your plans regarding database schema compatibility? If I have 10s
of millions of items already ingested and recorded in PostgreSQL (MCF
1.6.x), what would my 2.0 upgrade options be:
1. Database schema remains intact and existing crawls continue running
2. Perform a schema upgrade using a supplied script before crawls can
continue
3. Entire data set has to be re-ingested
4. Other?

Regards,
Aeham