manifoldcf-dev mailing list archives

From "Nichols, Richard" <Richard.Nich...@coriant.com>
Subject RE: Logging
Date Fri, 17 Oct 2014 14:13:17 GMT
Just a thought.
If the document rejection messages had a standard format, then matching a document to its
rejection reason could be fairly simple, and possibly even displayed by the GUI (in the future).

Rick

-----Original Message-----
From: Karl Wright [mailto:daddywri@gmail.com]
Sent: Friday, October 17, 2014 7:00 AM
To: dev
Subject: Re: Logging

I've created a ticket for this work: CONNECTORS-1077.  Some work has
already been done (e.g. for the document filter transformer), but if you
would like to help work on this also I would be happy to have a
collaborator.

Thanks,
Karl

On Fri, Oct 17, 2014 at 7:53 AM, Muhammed Olgun <mh.olgun@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Karl,
>
> You are right. Thank you.
>
> Muhammed
>
> On 17 Oct 2014, at 13:49, Karl Wright <daddywri@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > We *have* a feature that is cross-cluster and is meant for precisely this
> > purpose.  This is the history table.  If Tika exceptions are not logged
> as
> > the result of a transformation attempt in this table, they should be.
> >
> > We've in general been slow to add support for activity logging in our
> > connectors; perhaps we should put our effort towards fixing that problem.
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Karl
> >

> > On Fri, Oct 17, 2014 at 6:46 AM, Karl Wright <daddywri@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> >> Hi Muhammed,
> >>
> >> In a cluster, where do you expect to look for the log file?  The log
> will
> >> only apply to the cluster member running the crawler UI.
> >>
> >> Karl

> for

> status
> something

> UI

> describe

> manifoldcf.log

and confidential and protected from disclosure. If the reader
of this message is not the intended recipient, or an employee
or agent responsible for delivering this message to the
intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any reproduction,
dissemination or distribution of this communication is strictly
please notify us immediately by replying to the message and
deleting it from your computer. Thank you. Coriant-Tellabs