manifoldcf-dev mailing list archives

From Rafa Haro <rh...@apache.org>
Subject Rejecting Documents at Repository Connectors
Date Fri, 08 Aug 2014 12:59:53 GMT
Hi devs,

I have a quick question, more a curiosity than other thing. At Transformation Connectors and
Output Connectors, we have the possibility to return a code like DOCUMENTSTATUS_REJECTED as
result of the main addDocument method, indicating that the document has been rejected. I suppose
that this code is recorded by Manifold and later the user can check for the rejected documents.
I’m facing now a situation in a Repository Connector I’m extending where I have enough
information about the document to decide rejecting it or not. But I have not found any way
within the Framework to notify this rejection in a Repository Connector.

Couple of questions:

- Would be reasonable to extend current Repository Connector interface for allowing returning
a rejection or acceptance code in the processDocuments method?

- Would be reasonable to also generally extend  the Transformation Connector and Output Connector
interfaces to allow returning not only a rejection/acceptance code but also a Reason String
Message?

Thanks all!!