manifoldcf-dev mailing list archives

From Karl Wright <daddy...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [Io Activity] Doing an update inside a delete document
Date Wed, 02 Jul 2014 10:04:40 GMT
Hi Alessandro,

The "activities" metaphor is simply to make available appropriate framework
services to specific connector methods.  The metaphor is good for
ManifoldCF because it allows services to be added in new releases without
upsetting backwards compatibility etc.

If you have a "deleteDocument" implementation that is trying to call an
"addOrReplaceDocument" method, this can *only* work if the services you are
using in the addOrReplaceDocument method do not include any of those that
are not in IOutputDeleteActivity.  If that is the case, you should be able
to write a common method which accepts the appropriate common parent
interface of IOutputAddActivity and IOutputDeleteActivity.  If not, you
will have to rethink how you are doing this.

Thanks,
Karl