manifoldcf-dev mailing list archives

From Alessandro Benedetti <benedetti.ale...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [Io Activity] Doing an update inside a delete document
Date Wed, 02 Jul 2014 10:13:41 GMT

> Hi Alessandro,
>
> The "activities" metaphor is simply to make available appropriate framework
> services to specific connector methods.  The metaphor is good for
> ManifoldCF because it allows services to be added in new releases without
> upsetting backwards compatibility etc.
>
> If you have a "deleteDocument" implementation that is trying to call an
> "addOrReplaceDocument" method, this can *only* work if the services you are
> using in the addOrReplaceDocument method do not include any of those that
> are not in IOutputDeleteActivity.  If that is the case, you should be able
> to write a common method which accepts the appropriate common parent
> interface of IOutputAddActivity and IOutputDeleteActivity.  If not, you
> will have to rethink how you are doing this.

Ok, assuming I don't want to include any further services.
I have in the deleteDocument, the IOutputDeleteActivity but the
addOrReplaceDocument is taking the IOutputAddActivity.
Which is the proper way to instantiate IOutputAddActivity from
the IOutputDeleteActivity ?
Because they are different interfaces and i don't know exactly which
implementation arrives there, should I do a hardcoded casting ?
Or what else?
Thank you very much for your time,

Cheers

--