manifoldcf-dev mailing list archives

From Alessandro Benedetti <benedetti.ale...@gmail.com>
Subject [Io Activity] Doing an update inside a delete document
Date Wed, 02 Jul 2014 09:17:26 GMT
Hi guys,
I'm trying to implement a specific logic in a custom output connector
where, under specific conditions, in the deleteDocument method is then
called an AddOrUpdate method.

This can happen when the deletion of a document  causes the update of other
documents already indexed.
I know is a very specific use case, but let's see if there is a solution ...
So far no problem until I reach the Activities management ...
I found the hierarchy of this objects really confusing, with a lot of
interfaces and different inner classes sparse in the code.

Furthermore it appears to be really hard to create an *IOutputAddActivity*
object where you have a IOutputDeleteActivity.

What can be the best way to instantiate correctly an
*IOutputAddActivity *inside
the DeleteDocument method *?*
Why this activities objects that seems a sort of logging/tracking feature
is such coupled with the logic ?

Thank's for the help
--

Benedetti Alessandro