manifoldcf-dev mailing list archives

From Matteo Grolla <m.gro...@sourcesense.com>
Subject Re: Solr Extracting request handler
Date Mon, 16 Jun 2014 14:59:40 GMT
Since Solr extracting request handler takes the binary and extracts text
what is the point of not using Manifold extractor and send text and binaries to solr?
I mean the end result is the same solr indexes text and stores text
So if manifold supports text extraction it seems me this is the place where it should be done

--
Matteo Grolla
Sourcesense - making sense of Open Source