manifoldcf-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Karl Wright <daddy...@gmail.com>
Subject RE: MongoDB Repository and Output Connectors
Date Tue, 27 May 2014 10:56:34 GMT
Looks good!

What is the license on mongo-java-driver?

Karl

Sent from my Windows Phone
From: Muhammed Olgun
Sent: 5/27/2014 5:19 AM
To: dev@manifoldcf.apache.org
Subject: Re: MongoDB Repository and Output Connectors
Hi,

I worked a MongoDB related work too. It’s GridFS specific and I wrote
a repository connector. I would like to share my code. May be we can
combine it with MongoDB connector. They can be separate too.

https://github.com/molgun/MCF-GridFS-Connector

On 26 May 2014, at 15:42, Piergiorgio Lucidi <piergiorgio@apache.org> wrote:

> Hi Karl,
>
>
> 2014-05-26 13:17 GMT+02:00 Wright, Karl <karl.wright@here.com>:
>
>>  Hi Piergiorgio,
>>
>> When you say 'huge', how many documents do you mean?  Do you know of any
>> specific installations, and if so, how many documents do they work with?
>>
>
>> I think it is fine to develop connectors for mongodb, but if the number of
>> documents is truly huge, there will need to be a way of dividing up the
>> task.
>>
>
> I imagine the typical usage of MongoDB, for example to keep User Generated
> Contents (UGC), this means that the information is just a little section of
> data for implementing social features dedicated to a website or a portal.
>
> I'm sorry I don't have real-world numbers now but we could estimate
> thousands of contents. Actually I'm working on a project that is starting
> to use MongoDB and the use case is UGC.
>
> Please consider that MongoDB divide its contents into databases, and for
> each database you have different collections of contents.
> This means that the connector should ask for a database and a specific
> collection to work, this because MongoDB doesn't support the join of data
> from different collections, it is not a relational database.
>
> So I think that it should be very easy to implement in ManifoldCF.
>
> Piergiorgio
>
>
>>
>> Karl
>>
>> Sent from my Windows Phone
>> ------------------------------
>> From: Piergiorgio Lucidi
>> Sent: 5/26/2014 6:01 AM
>> To: dev@manifoldcf.apache.org
>> Subject: MongoDB Repository and Output Connectors
>>
>> Hi guys,
>>
>> I think that it could be very useful to add in ManifoldCF both the
>> connectors related to MongoDB.
>> During these days I have taken a look at MongoDB and I think that I can
>> start to implement these connectors.
>>
>> The repository connector could make sense because MongoDB is a document
>> repository so some people could need to create smart indexes in a search
>> server, I'm thinking about huge repositories.
>> The MongoDB search engine could be very slow in some scenarios compared to
>> the modern search engines.
>>
>> The output connector could make sense because you probably want to convert
>> your wide data to a flat view in MongoDB to execute queries in a flat way.
>> Here you probably don't need performance but some good queries for analysis
>> to create your monthly or weekly reports with MongoDB.
>>
>> I know that MongoDB is not a search server but it is used a lot for
>> creating dashboards and reports and the usage is similar to a search
>> engine.
>>
>> What do you think about this?
>>
>> Please let me know.
>> Thank you all.
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Piergiorgio
>>
>> --
>> Piergiorgio Lucidi
>> Open Source ECM Specialist
>> http://www.open4dev.com
>>
>> --
>> <http://www.open4dev.com>
>> Piergiorgio Lucidi <http://www.open4dev.com>
>> Open Source ECM Specialist
>> <http://www.open4dev.com>http://www.open4dev.com

Mime
View raw message