manifoldcf-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Karl Wright <daddy...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Apache ManifoldCF 1.5, RC7
Date Thu, 06 Feb 2014 17:18:01 GMT
Actually yes, I found it.  Only exceptions/errors are recorded by the solr
connector.

CONNECTORS-884.  However, I don't think this rises to the level of needing
to respin the RC.  Do you agree?

Karl


On Thu, Feb 6, 2014 at 12:12 PM, Karl Wright <daddywri@gmail.com> wrote:

> Ok, we're back then to the question of why your current job run does not
> log indexing history for Solr.  I'll see if there's any reason that should
> be true based on the code.
>
> Karl
>
>
> On Thu, Feb 6, 2014 at 10:51 AM, Erlend GarĂ¥sen <e.f.garasen@usit.uio.no>wrote:
>
>> On 06.02.14 15:53, Karl Wright wrote:
>>
>>> Hi Erlend,
>>>
>>> Please go into the Simple History, and change the start time of the query
>>> to be one day earlier than the default.  By default, Simple History only
>>> reports the last hour's worth of events.
>>>
>>
>> Then it only displays the crawl which completed tonight before I did the
>> upgrade of MCF.
>>
>> If Solr is indexing the documents, you should also see the entries in
>> simple history. I changed the start time to four hours earlier than the
>> default which should catch the Solr activity.
>>
>> The query I posted seems to include an old start time (3rd of Feb) and
>> that's the reason why pgAdmin displays a result set. At that time, I
>> reindexed Solr prior to the MCF upgrade.
>>
>> If I'm re-ingesting all documents and start the job, see activity in both
>> our Solr log and in manifoldcf.log ("Decided to ingest...") . And if I
>> continuously refreshing the simple history window, all I can see is
>> fetching activities (and "job start" etc).
>>
>> For some odd reason, '"document ingest (Solr)"' as an activity type does
>> not seem to be added to my repohistory table after I did the upgrade.
>>
>> Take a look at this query:
>> select count(*) from repohistory where owner='Web' AND starttime>
>> 1391691978799 and activitytype = 'fetch'
>> ==> 141.
>> (This is everything from 1:06 pm until now.)
>>
>> But then take a look at this one:
>> select starttime, activitytype from repohistory where owner='Web' AND
>> starttime> 1391691978799 and activitytype <> 'fetch'
>> ==>
>> 1391693068680;"job stop"
>> 1391693560219;"job start"
>> 1391693602432;"robots parse"
>> 1391694720907;"job stop"
>> 1391694830347;"job start"
>> 1391694870310;"job stop"
>> 1391695481359;"job continue"
>> 1391695518007;"robots parse"
>> 1391696593141;"job end"
>>
>> I can try to debug more tomorrow.
>>
>> Erlend
>>
>
>

Mime
  • Unnamed multipart/alternative (inline, None, 0 bytes)
View raw message