manifoldcf-dev mailing list archives

From Jukka Zitting <jukka.zitt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Proposed March incubator report
Date Sat, 03 Mar 2012 09:44:17 GMT
Hi,

On Fri, Mar 2, 2012 at 3:19 PM, Karl Wright <daddywri@gmail.com> wrote:
> Thanks for the advice; I've updated the ticket to include some useful
> references.  As for writing up clauses restricting use of IPA within
> Apache, which is what you seem to have done for LEGAL-36, I'm not
> clear exactly where that should live.  Does that go into the project
> license, or somewhere into the main Apache site?

The guidance on specific licenses is recorded in [1]. If I understand
the IPA license correctly (haven't reviewed it thoroughly yet), it
seems like it could be covered in similarly as CC-SA [2], or perhaps
even just as an extra entry in the Category B list [3].

[1] http://www.apache.org/legal/resolved.html
[2] http://www.apache.org/legal/resolved.html#cc-sa
[3] http://www.apache.org/legal/resolved.html#category-b

BR,