manifoldcf-dev mailing list archives

From Erlend GarĂ¥sen <e.f.gara...@usit.uio.no>
Subject Re: Possible bug in seeds list (web connector)
Date Fri, 16 Mar 2012 09:52:11 GMT
On 15.03.12 19.30, Karl Wright wrote:
> A seed can be a specific html file so complaining about a trailing
> slash would make that not work.  For example:
>
> http://hello.world.com/startpage.html

I think I was a little bit unclear in my recent email. By a trailing
slash, I was thinking more about the domain name itself, e.g.
www.example.org/.

I will create a Jira ticket now, but I will only focus about well-formed
URLs in the seeds list.

Do you agree that a well-formed URL is what java.net.URL will accept in
the constructor's argument? Then www.example.org will fail, but
http://www.example.org (without a trailing slash) will pass.

Erlend

--