manifoldcf-dev mailing list archives

From Karl Wright <daddy...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Delivery of source of integration packages for 0.4-incubating
Date Fri, 09 Dec 2011 13:45:45 GMT
Hi Tommaso,

I've called a vote on three of the plugin packages.  The fourth, the
Meridio plugin, has some issues.

The first issue is that it includes Setup.Exe from Microsoft's dot net
framework, and I'm unclear what the license is.  I'm pretty sure it is
redistributable but I don't know whether it is approved for Apache.

The second issue is that this particular plugin we do not have
complete source code for.  The code was developed by Meridio as an
extension to their platform; MetaCarta purchased their time to do the
work, and they agreed to a redistribution license.  However, repeated
attempts to get the code itself were unsuccessful.  Later, Meridio was
purchased by Autonomy, and shortly thereafter it was no longer
possible to reach any of the original people we'd been dealing with.
MetaCarta opened a ticket with Autonomy for the code delivery, but
they claimed they could not locate it, and to this day the ticket
remains open. :-/

So, what we have out of this is a redistributable .msi, and test code,
and that's it.

I *do* have the name of a consultant who we worked with to develop the
connector itself.  It is possible that he would be able to
re-implement the service, but I don't know whether he'd do it for
free.  I'll ping him and see where it leads.

Assuming I get nowhere with the consultant, what is your advice about
the plugin?

Karl