manifoldcf-dev mailing list archives

From Karl Wright <daddy...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Reseting Manifoldcf
Date Mon, 08 Aug 2011 22:27:42 GMT
The code on trunk looks like this:

        public static void main(String[] args)
        {
                if (args.length < 5)
                {
                        System.err.println("Usage:
DefineRepositoryConnection <connection_name> <description>
<connector_class> <authority_name> <pool_max> <param1>=<value1>
...");
                        System.exit(1);
                }

                String connectionName = args[0];
                String description = args[1];
                String connectorClass = args[2];
                String authorityName = args[3];
                String poolMax = args[4];

<<<<<<

So it requires 5 parameters, not 4.

Karl

On Mon, Aug 8, 2011 at 6:23 PM, Farzad Valad <hokie@farzad.net> wrote:
> Thanks for the link.  I was readying chapter 3 of the book.  So I'm issuing
> the command with what I think is the 4 basic parms it needs, but I keep
> getting the Usage statement.  The code says "if (args.length < 4)" and I'm
> counting 4 parms, what gives?
>
> processes\script\executecommand.bat
> org.apache.manifoldcf.crawler.DefineRepositoryConnection FileShare FileShare
> org.apache.manifoldcf.crawler.connectors.filesystem.FileConnector 30
>
> Usage: DefineRepositoryConnection <connection_name> <description>
> <connector_class> <authority_name> <pool_max> <param1>=<value1>
>

> On 8/8/2011 11:11 AM, Karl Wright wrote:
>>
>> Hi Farzad,
>>
>> Either the api service or the command are, I believe, capable of doing
>> all of these.
>>
>> Have a look at this link for some idea of how to do either of these.
>>
>> http://incubator.apache.org/connectors/programmatic-operation.html
>>
>> Karl
>>
>> On Mon, Aug 8, 2011 at 12:05 PM, Farzad Valad<hokie@farzad.net>  wrote:
>>>
>>> I took sometime to read and learn about the API service.  Here are the
>>> specifics, I want to be able to do the following with one invocation of
>>> something, is that doable?  Prefer a batch file, but understand if I have
>>> use something else.
>>>
>>> 1) Delete any jobs in the system  (Purpose: Clear out my data stored in
>>> my
>>> connector db table)
>>> 2) Delete the repository connector (Purpose: Clear out the stored logs)
>>> 2) Delete the output connector (Purpose: Clear out the stored logs)
>>> 3) Unregister my connector (Purpose: Zap the db table)
>>> 4) Reregister my connector
>>> 5) Define the repository connector
>>> 6) Define the output connector