manifoldcf-dev mailing list archives

From Karl Wright <daddy...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: CMIS Connector - Tests
Date Tue, 02 Aug 2011 12:14:30 GMT
Thanks for the status report.  I hope to see your patch soon!

Also, FWIW, once the documentation is also done I'd like to consider
solidifying the 0.3 release.  It's got a lot of good stuff in it and I
think as soon as we've finished off the new CMIS connector in all
dimensions we should go ahead.  Thoughts, anyone?

Karl

On Tue, Aug 2, 2011 at 5:00 AM, Piergiorgio Lucidi
<piergiorgiolucidi@gmail.com> wrote:
> Yesterday I started to work on end-to-end integration test for the CMIS
> Connector and now I have a full running OpenCMIS test server integrated with
> the ManifoldCF Maven build process.
>
> Now I have to implement:
> - a setup method to create the test documents in the CMIS server
> - a null output connector using the ManifoldCF api
> - tests using the ManifoldCF api to create a mock configuration against the
> test CMIS server
>
> I'll let you know when it works.
>
> Regards,
> Piergiorgio
>
> 2011/7/29 Piergiorgio Lucidi <piergiorgiolucidi@gmail.com>
>
>> Hi Karl,
>>
>> thank you for the details and as soon as I finish a first version of
>> integration and/or unit test I will create a new ticket in the CMIS
>> Component to release the patch.
>>
>> I hope to release this new patch soon.
>> I'll let you know during the next week.
>>
>> Piergiorgio
>>

>> 2011/7/28 Karl Wright <daddywri@gmail.com>
>>
>>> The tests/filesystem/src/test/java area are end-to-end tests
>>> principally designed to test the filesystem connector.  (They also
>>> involve other connectors because, obviously, an end-to-end test is not
>>> going going to work without them.  This is why they are at the root
>>> level.)
>>>
>>> There are also unit tests you can use as models under
>>> connectors/filesystem/connector/src/test/....  These tests use only
>>> the filesystem connector, no others.
>>>
>>> If you would be so kind as to create a ticket to cover your test work,
>>> that would be great.
>>>
>>> Also, another workitem I've been meaning to get to but haven't
>>> involves the conversion of a python-based HTML browser and Javascript
>>> engine I wrote for MetaCarta into a Java equivalent.  This would allow
>>> direct testing of the UI components of the framework and connectors.
>>> The python sources are in:
>>>
>>> legacy-tests/VirtualBrowser.py
>>> and