manifoldcf-dev mailing list archives

From Grant Ingersoll <gsing...@apache.org>
Subject Re: "Book release"
Date Wed, 04 May 2011 14:40:08 GMT
While I understand the dilemma you are in for the book very much, the two are independent events
(such is the life of an author).  My personal feeling is MCF is not a 1.0 release yet and
that we should just continue on w/ the next release being 0.3.  Moreover, a 1.0 release typically
means, in my opinion, some important things for a project:  1. maturity in the development
community, 2. That we are committing to those APIs for the 1.x line and will make backward
compatible changes.   Are we ready to do that?   My instinct also says a 1.0 release is something
that should be done by a graduated project and not an incubating one b/c it's generally a
policy that incubating projects don't do much PR, etc. and a 1.0 release should be a big deal.
 (I'm not sure what the ASF policy is on that stuff)

-Grant