manifoldcf-dev mailing list archives

From Karl Wright <daddy...@gmail.com>
Subject A cloud-based testing environment?
Date Tue, 10 May 2011 11:08:01 GMT
I've pretty much given up on getting access to the testing
infrastructure I originally built for ManifoldCF that is now owned by
qBase.  I was wondering if anyone had time or energy to research what
it would take to build such an infrastructure using Amazon cloud
servers.  Basically, we'd need at least one active directory domain
controller instance for each configuration (LM, NTLMv1, NTLMv2 NTLM2
session), and a repository server per domain (or more, depending on
whether we can get some of these repositories to coexist with each
other).  I would start with a SharePoint instance and CIFS share on
each such server, and we can grow from there.

What we'll also need is some kind of allocation mechanism so that
anybody can run tests anywhere, provided they have internet access,
and not collide with *other* people running tests.  Any ideas?

Karl