manifoldcf-dev mailing list archives

From Karl Wright <daddy...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Release?
Date Mon, 06 Dec 2010 13:55:51 GMT
... going twice ...

Karl

On Sun, Dec 5, 2010 at 11:42 AM, Karl Wright <daddywri@gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm done with (1), (4), and (5).  Still waiting for help with (2) and
> (3)... going once....
>
> Karl
>
> On Thu, Dec 2, 2010 at 10:02 PM, Karl Wright <daddywri@gmail.com> wrote:
>> OK, so I will do the appropriate things to make (1), (4), and maybe
>> (5) happen.  Does anyone want to help with (2), (3), and (8)?
>> Karl

>>> It's perfectly fine for CHANGES.txt to be on trunk.  You make the change marking
it as 0.1.  Once the release is out, you add a new section at the top for trunk again.

>>> Later, as we mature, we will likely have branches, etc. for this stuff, but for
now let's just assume trunk is under code freeze and the only changes that can be made are
those related to release.

when we unzip it's all in one folder.
the LICENSE.txt file (See Solr's for instance)
to ship both PDF and HTML for the docs.  Anything else we can trim?
files have appropriate license headers

I can get to /x1/home/kwright

and then place the files there, everyone can download them and check them out at http://people.apache.org/~kwright/

17:57 manifoldcf-0.1.tar.gz.md5
17:57 manifoldcf-0.1.zip.md5

clearly have to find

someone needs to feed the
3 hours to get the
doesn't bounce in the

wrote:

> [...]
in a KEYS file.  Apache
so I didn't have to make

the release files to a
doc for that too.

release which the rest of us can download.  Put it up on people.apache.org/~YOURUSERNAME/...
and then send a note to the list saying where to locate it.  Rather than call a vote right
away, just ask us to check it out and try it as there will likely be issues for the first
release.  Once we all feel we have a decent candidate, we can call a vote, which should be
a formality.

info.

removed the modules level from the
purpose and complicated matters.
you build code, docs, and run
and gives you help as a default.
.zip and tar.gz files.  Online
now contains complete javadoc, as
and tar.gz's.  In short,  we *could*
we had (and incorporated) the KEYS
I do not know how to build or obtain.
generated and registered.  The site
location/list of mirrors before it

made the port of documentation to the
the generated site in the release
release:

outer-level build.xml, which I will try
and naming thereof.  In short,
people can download them??
 I've seen this done as a vote in
actually necessary?
we want both?  What is the correct
LICENSE.txt, etc.  Do these need
tar.gz, or just the source tar.gz?  I
 Also, if there is a typical
in relation to the source tar.gz
make that known.

all the pages that I originally put in
to set up and run ManifoldCF, and converted
of the ManifoldCF site.  These documents
than stuff Grant or I added, according to
is safe to do.  I've left the wiki pages
want them to go away at some point.  Not
all the user comments to them, however.

to proceed?  We should avoid using the wiki
seems to me, but otherwise I can see

PM, Jack Krupansky wrote:

> [...]
imply that the wiki needs to be physically included in the release zip/tar, just that snapshotting
and versioning of the wiki should be done, if feasible, so that a user who is on an older
release can still see the doc for that release. I am just thinking ahead for future releases.
So, 0.1 does not need this right now.

that we can't include user generated content in a release unless we have explicitly asked
for permission on it in the form of patches and then committed by a committer.  Since we
don't lock down our wiki, we can't do it.