manifoldcf-dev mailing list archives

From Karl Wright <daddy...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Release?
Date Fri, 03 Dec 2010 01:51:06 GMT
Done
Karl

there, everyone can download them and check them out at http://people.apache.org/~kwright/

>> -Grant
>>
>> On Nov 23, 2010, at 1:00 PM, Karl Wright wrote:
>>
>>> While I was looking for a solution, an upload attempt succeeded!
>>>
>>> So there is now an RC0 out on people.apache.org/~kwright:
>>>
>>> [kwright@minotaur:~]$ ls -lt manifoldcf-0.1.*
>>> -rw-r--r--  1 kwright  kwright         63 Nov 23 17:57 manifoldcf-0.1.tar.gz.md5
>>> -rw-r--r--  1 kwright  kwright         60 Nov 23 17:57 manifoldcf-0.1.zip.md5
>>> -rw-r--r--  1 kwright  kwright  158734230 Nov 23 17:55 manifoldcf-0.1.zip
>>> -rw-r--r--  1 kwright  kwright  156742315 Nov 23 17:06 manifoldcf-0.1.tar.gz
>>> [kwright@minotaur:~]$
>>>
>>> Please let me know what you think.
>>> Karl

of us can download.  Put it up on people.apache.org/~YOURUSERNAME/... and then send a note
to the list saying where to locate it.  Rather than call a vote right away, just ask us to
check it out and try it as there will likely be issues for the first release.  Once we all
feel we have a decent candidate, we can call a vote, which should be a formality.

 Online
the KEYS
 The site

I will try
 In short,
 Do these need

 These documents
added, according to
left the wiki pages

avoid using the wiki

<gsingers@apache.org> wrote:

> [...]
to be physically included in the release zip/tar, just that snapshotting and versioning of
the wiki should be done, if feasible, so that a user who is on an older release can still
see the doc for that release. I am just thinking ahead for future releases. So, 0.1 does not
need this right now.

generated content in a release unless we have explicitly asked for permission on it in the
form of patches and then committed by a committer.  Since we don't lock down our wiki, we
can't do it.

wrote:

> [...]
release. Does this stuff get a version/release as well? Presumably we want doc for currently
supported releases, and the doc can vary between releases. Can we easily snapshot the wiki?

is no way to track whether the person has permission to donate it..

I think a 0.1 can get released without a nightly build, but it would be nice to say that we
also have a "rolling trunk release" which is just the latest build off trunk and the latest
wiki/doc as well. So, some people may want the official 0.1, but others may want to run straight
from trunk/nightly build.

Wright
PM

things: tar and zip of a complete
this is:

or unzip the distribution
use the multiprocess version, or
the source zip/tar into a work
the build.

Krupansky
wrote:
> [...]
the RSS or other connectors, just giving
By all means, the "well-supported"
list you want to feel is appropriate and
that "we" would not be able to provide
online.

access.

we should try to keep logs of each
people have a reference to consult when
problems. In other words, what a
supposed to look like. So, have a test and

Karl Wright
9:46 AM

for the web connector, you certainly
RSS connector.  You could also
because it does not require a

exist for all the "well
work to do.  I'd like to see a plan
to a more comprehensive set of
to let me have access to their Q/A
MetaCarta's), but that's only going
and doing development, not for

wrote:

> [...]
list should be to define the "well-supported"
as opposed to the "code is there and
own for testing/support" connectors.
connectors into the well-supported
bar for even 1.0.

connector list for a 0.5 would be

SharePoint 2010 or whatever the latest is,
good enough for a 0.5 release, I think.

Karl Wright
9:28 AM

not sure, though, what the release
the minimum is that we need to build
plan, set up a release process, and
should look like (zip's, tar's,
the javadoc will be published online.
instance, decide to change the way
make it easier for people to build the
the fact, for instance.  Or we could
the sources, either way.)

out what tickets we still want done
argue for more testing, and I'm also
to Documentum and FileNet,
sidecar processes that are not well
could go substantially beyond that, but
be useful if we only get that far.

wrote:

> [...]
dry-run with code as-is out ASAP to flush out
would help to send out a message to the rest
available product rather than purely

of issues that people strongly feel need to be
1.0 release. Maybe that is the
better testing, but some
will be the ultimate target.

subset of issues that would constitute
beta" and target that as a release 0.5 and focus
(after getting 0.1 out ASAP.) I personally
on the top of my head that I would hold out as

move on to a 0.2, etc. on a monthly/bi-monthly

out ASAP, have a very short list for MCF 0.5
and then revisit what 1.0 really means versus