manifoldcf-dev mailing list archives

From Grant Ingersoll <gsing...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Release?
Date Fri, 03 Dec 2010 02:45:23 GMT
We're close, but I think we've got a few more things to do.  I did get it to compile.

Notes:

1. We should package the stuff all under apache-manifold-0.1 so that when we unzip it's all
in one folder.
2. Many of the libs require an entry in the NOTICE.txt file
3.  All licenses for those libs need to be appended on to the end of the LICENSE.txt file
(See Solr's for instance)
4. The CHANGES.txt file should reflect that it is a release and not trunk (not critical to
fix)
5. Is there anyway to make the package smaller?  Maybe we don't need to ship both PDF and
HTML for the docs.  Anything else we can trim?
6. What's json/org/json all about?
7. I still see Memex stuff in connectors dir.  I didn't check other places.
8. We should hook in RAT (see Solr's build file) to verify that all source files have appropriate
license headers

Other than that, some other eyes on it would be good.

-Grant

files there, everyone can download them and check them out at http://people.apache.org/~kwright/

>>> -Grant

Apache

rest of us can download.  Put it up on people.apache.org/~YOURUSERNAME/... and then send a
note to the list saying where to locate it.  Rather than call a vote right away, just ask
us to check it out and try it as there will likely be issues for the first release.  Once
we all feel we have a decent candidate, we can call a vote, which should be a formality.

the KEYS
 The site

documentation to the
site in the release

 In short,

I originally put in
site.  These documents
I added, according to
left the wiki pages
away at some point.  Not

avoid using the wiki
but otherwise I can see

wrote:

> [...]
needs to be physically included in the release zip/tar, just that snapshotting and versioning
of the wiki should be done, if feasible, so that a user who is on an older release can still
see the doc for that release. I am just thinking ahead for future releases. So, 0.1 does not
need this right now.

user generated content in a release unless we have explicitly asked for permission on it in
the form of patches and then committed by a committer.  Since we don't lock down our wiki,
we can't do it.

Ingersoll
AM

wrote:

> [...]
the release. Does this stuff get a version/release as well? Presumably we want doc for currently
supported releases, and the doc can vary between releases. Can we easily snapshot the wiki?

is no way to track whether the person has permission to donate it..

I think a 0.1 can get released without a nightly build, but it would be nice to say that we
also have a "rolling trunk release" which is just the latest build off trunk and the latest
wiki/doc as well. So, some people may want the official 0.1, but others may want to run straight
from trunk/nightly build.

Karl Wright
1:56 PM

two things: tar and zip of a complete
modules/dist area after the build.
with this is:

or unzip the distribution
use the multiprocess version, or
the source zip/tar into a work
into the build.

Jack Krupansky
wrote:
> [...]
the RSS or other connectors, just giving
haves." By all means, the "well-supported"
list you want to feel is appropriate and
feel that "we" would not be able to provide
online.

access.

maybe we should try to keep logs of each
people have a reference to consult when
problems. In other words, what a
is supposed to look like. So, have a test and

Karl Wright
9:46 AM

for the web connector, you certainly
the RSS connector.  You could also
because it does not require a

tests exist for all the "well
some work to do.  I'd like to see a plan
now to a more comprehensive set of
agree to let me have access to their Q/A
be MetaCarta's), but that's only going
problems and doing development, not for
run.

wrote:

> [...]
the list should be to define the "well-supported"
as opposed to the "code is there and
on your own for testing/support" connectors.
connectors into the well-supported
the bar for even 1.0.

connector list for a 0.5 would be

of SharePoint 2010 or whatever the latest is,
be good enough for a 0.5 release, I think.

Connectors!)