manifoldcf-dev mailing list archives

From Grant Ingersoll <gsing...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Release?
Date Fri, 03 Dec 2010 01:31:19 GMT
Weird, ~kwright doesn't resolve for me on people.a.o, but I can get to /x1/home/kwright

FWIW, if you have a public_html directory in your directory and then place the files there,
everyone can download them and check them out at http://people.apache.org/~kwright/

-Grant

On Nov 23, 2010, at 1:00 PM, Karl Wright wrote:

> While I was looking for a solution, an upload attempt succeeded!
>
> So there is now an RC0 out on people.apache.org/~kwright:
>
> [kwright@minotaur:~]$ ls -lt manifoldcf-0.1.*
> -rw-r--r--  1 kwright  kwright         63 Nov 23 17:57 manifoldcf-0.1.tar.gz.md5
> -rw-r--r--  1 kwright  kwright         60 Nov 23 17:57 manifoldcf-0.1.zip.md5
> -rw-r--r--  1 kwright  kwright  158734230 Nov 23 17:55 manifoldcf-0.1.zip
> -rw-r--r--  1 kwright  kwright  156742315 Nov 23 17:06 manifoldcf-0.1.tar.gz
> [kwright@minotaur:~]$
>
> Please let me know what you think.
> Karl
>

> On Tue, Nov 23, 2010 at 11:25 AM, Karl Wright <daddywri@gmail.com> wrote:
>> The upload has failed repeatedly for me, so I'll clearly have to find
>> another way.
>> Karl
>>
>> On Tue, Nov 23, 2010 at 10:47 AM, Karl Wright <daddywri@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> I'm uploading a release candidate now.  But someone needs to feed the
>>> hamsters turning the wheels or something, because the upload speed to
>>> that machine is 51KB/sec, so it's going to take 3 hours to get the
>>> candidate up there, if my network connection doesn't bounce in the
>>> interim.  Is there any other place available?
>>>
>>> Karl

can download.  Put it up on people.apache.org/~YOURUSERNAME/... and then send a note to the
list saying where to locate it.  Rather than call a vote right away, just ask us to check
it out and try it as there will likely be issues for the first release.  Once we all feel
we have a decent candidate, we can call a vote, which should be a formality.

KEYS

I can see

physically included in the release zip/tar, just that snapshotting and versioning of the wiki
should be done, if feasible, so that a user who is on an older release can still see the doc
for that release. I am just thinking ahead for future releases. So, 0.1 does not need this
right now.

content in a release unless we have explicitly asked for permission on it in the form of patches
and then committed by a committer.  Since we don't lock down our wiki, we can't do it.

Does this stuff get a version/release as well? Presumably we want doc for currently supported
releases, and the doc can vary between releases. Can we easily snapshot the wiki?

to track whether the person has permission to donate it..

a 0.1 can get released without a nightly build, but it would be nice to say that we also have
a "rolling trunk release" which is just the latest build off trunk and the latest wiki/doc
as well. So, some people may want the official 0.1, but others may want to run straight from
trunk/nightly build.

tar and zip of a complete
is:

the distribution

> [...]
> [...]