mahout-user mailing list archives

From forme book <forbookm...@gmail.com>
Subject mahout tf-idf vs lucene tf-idf
Date Sat, 04 Jun 2016 09:14:45 GMT
Hi,

I'm start to study text processing and I see that for evaluating two text
is possible to obtaing vector model through TF-IDF technique.

With Mahout is possible to create vectors from text with the use of
lucene.vector, if I have not misheard takes a lucene index and then map as
a tf-idf,

On the (Lucene side) has already by default this implementations, what I do
struggle to understand what is the advantage of having lucene.vector in
mahout when Lucene offer that feature out of the box ?

Maybe I'm missing something big but what’s the Connection Between then ?
 could you please explain a possible user case ?

Thanks for help

Richard