mahout-user mailing list archives

From Dmitriy Lyubimov <dlie...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Exception in thread "main" java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Unable to read output from "mahout -spark classpath"
Date Wed, 07 Oct 2015 04:31:29 GMT
DRM format is compatible on persistence level with Mahout MapReduce
algorithms.

It is a Hadoop sequence file. The key is unique, can be one of

-- unique ordinal IntWriteable, treated as a row number (i.e. nrow=max(int
key)), or

-- Text, LongWritable, BytesWritable, or .. forget what else. This
technically do not have to be unique, but they usually are. The number of
operations available to matrices with "unnumbered" rows is therefore
somewhat reduced. For example, expressions that imply a transposition as a
final result, are not possible, because it is impossible to map non-int
rows to int ordinal indices of the columns.

The value of the DRM sequence file is always Mahout's VectorWritable. It is
allowed to mix sparse and dense vector payloads.