mahout-user mailing list archives

From Angus Macnab <angus.mac...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Like/No Rating/Dislike Dataset Representation to Mahout
Date Sat, 10 Oct 2015 01:18:43 GMT
Rather than try impose ordinality on your data, you can think of "like",
"dislike", "did not rate" as a categorical feature with a cardinality of
three, which can be encoded using two binary features.  All possibilities
are fine, but the most logical is probably: rated=(0,1) and liked=(0,1).

So you just need to come up with the routine to encode these features.
Hope this helps!

Best,

Angus
Angus Macnab