mahout-user mailing list archives

From Andrew Musselman <andrew.mussel...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Mahout on the cloud
Date Thu, 23 Jul 2015 14:45:48 GMT
I'd recommend using EMR since you can create a cluster with one command and
shut it down when you're finished.

See
https://blogs.aws.amazon.com/bigdata/post/Tx1TDK3HHBD4EZL/Building-a-Recommender-with-Apache-Mahout-on-Amazon-Elastic-MapReduce-EMR

That shows how to start up your cluster and run a recommender which you can
tailor for what you're doing.  It's worth looking for the most recent AMI
version, which may already come with 0.10 of Mahout.