mahout-user mailing list archives

From Xavier Rampino <xramp...@senscritique.com>
Subject spark-rowsimilarity java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java heap space
Date Wed, 13 May 2015 09:21:02 GMT
Hello,

I've tried spark-rowsimilarity with out-of-the-box setup (downloaded mahout
distribution and spark, and set up the PATH), and I stumble upon a Java
Heap space error. My input file is ~100MB. It seems the various parameters
I tried to give won't change this. I do :

~/mahout-distribution-0.10.0/bin/mahout spark-rowsimilarity --input
~/query_result.tsv --output ~/work/result -sem 24g
-D:spark.executor.memory=24g

Do I just need to input more memory, or is there another step I can do to
solve this ?