mahout-user mailing list archives

From PierLorenzo Bianchini <piell...@yahoo.com.INVALID>
Subject adjusted cosine similarity for item-based recommender?
Date Fri, 03 Apr 2015 10:36:02 GMT
hello everyone,
I'm trying to build item-based recommender that would take the users' rating-bias into account.
According to my class' slides, that should involve "adjusted cosine similarity". I couldn't
find such implementation in Mahout... did I search it in the wrong place or should I implement
it? If so, how? Any tips would be welcome since I'm new to Mahout...

I found out that in mahout-0.8 there was a (deprecated) class that seemed to do what I'm looking
for (http://archive.cloudera.com/cdh5/cdh/5/mahout-0.8-cdh5.0.0/mahout-core/org/apache/mahout/cf/taste/impl/recommender/BiasedItemBasedRecommender.html).
Does anybody know why this was removed?

Note: I also posted the question on stackoferlow (http://stackoverflow.com/questions/29419222/mahout-adjusted-cosine-similarity-for-item-based-recommender)
Thank you in advance! Regards,