mahout-user mailing list archives

From James Parker <evans.notc...@gmail.com>
Subject Mahout ALS RecommenderJob error
Date Thu, 19 Mar 2015 14:11:52 GMT
Hi,
I try ALS recommender using Java code.  This is the steps i follow:
1.  I create DatasetSplitter Job

2.  I create ParallelALSFactorizationJob  Job

3. I create FactorizationEvaluator   Job

4.  I create RecommenderJob Job

Everything  is ok for 1 to 3. But when i run the RecommenderJob , i have
the following error
 java.lang.Exception: java.lang.RuntimeException:
java.lang.ClassCastException:
org.apache.mahout.math.map.OpenIntObjectHashMap cannot be cast to
org.apache.mahout.common.Pair
    at
org.apache.hadoop.mapred.LocalJobRunner$Job.run(LocalJobRunner.java:403)
.
.

 I'm suprised to see that if i run steps 1 to 3 using my java code, and the
last step using the command line "mahout recommendfactorized ........"
with  the files generates with my java code steps 1 to 3), recommendations
are correctly generated.

Thanks you very much

Evans