mahout-user mailing list archives

From Ted Dunning <ted.dunn...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: How can I manually specify user similarities in the user-based algorithm?
Date Fri, 13 Feb 2015 19:14:01 GMT
On Fri, Feb 13, 2015 at 11:11 AM, Eugenio Tacchini <
eugenio.tacchini@gmail.com> wrote:

> Is there anyone who can give me some hints about this task?

Another way to look at this is to try to wedge this into the item
similarity code.

There are hooks available in the map-reduce version of item similarity to
put an arbitrary user distance in.  This only works well if there are
sparsity constraints that limit the number of distances that need to be
computed, but if it works, it can be really excellent.  This would allow
you to put your distances in and still use an indicator-based recommender.