mahout-user mailing list archives

From Ferran Muñoz <ferran.mu...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Questions on Cooccurrence Recommenders with Spark
Date Fri, 27 Feb 2015 08:55:08 GMT
Thanks for your very good explanation about ratings. I agree with your
opinion. I am using MovieLens for test purposes. An application that offers
cooccurrence recommender based recommendations must use actions of the
users as a training set.

Regarding my question about the tags and the content based indicator I will
try to explain my question better. Using the spark-rowsimilarity function
we get a content type indicator. The first output (in the example) is
"3459860b<tab>3459860b 3459860b 6749860c 5959860a 3434860a 3477860a" . This
means that in the document of the "3459860b" item, we have to add a new
field (I will call it "tags-indicator") with the content "3459860b 3459860b
6749860c 5959860a 3434860a 3477860a". And we have to do the same with all
documents (returned by spark-rowsimilarity). Now we are ready to issue
queries using this content based indicator. Am I right?

When we want to issue queries we have to do the following. If our user have
purchased the item 3459860b (continuing with the example), then we have to
issue the following query:

field: purchase; q: 3459860b
field: tags-indicator; q: 3459860b

Besides that, if we want our results skewed towards items with similar tags
to the ones the user has already purchased (without using the content based
indicator), we can issue the following query:

field: purchase; q: 3459860b
field: tags; q: men long-sleeve chambray clothing casual

Is that ok? Or am I understanding anything wrong in using the content based
indicator?

Ferran Muñoz
ferran.munoz@gmail.com