mahout-user mailing list archives

From "Pasmanik, Paul" <Paul.Pasma...@danteinc.com>
Subject running spark-itemsimilarity against HDP sandbox with Spark
Date Tue, 06 Jan 2015 16:07:58 GMT
Hi, I've been trying to run spark-itemsimilarity against Hortonworks Sandbox with Spark running
in a VM, but have not succeeded yet.

Do I need to install mahout and run within a VM or is there a way to run remotely against
a VM where spark and hadoop are running?

I tried running a scala ItemSimilaritySuite test with some modifications pointing hdfs and
spark to sandbox but getting various errors the latest one with ShuffleMapTask getting hdfs
block missing exception trying to read an input file that I uploaded to the hdfs cluster.

The information contained in this electronic transmission is intended only for the use of
the recipient and may be confidential and privileged. Unauthorized use, disclosure, or reproduction
is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful. If you have received this electronic transmission
in error, please notify the sender immediately.