mahout-user mailing list archives

From Peter Wolf <opus...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Combining knowledge of users with ratings
Date Sat, 13 Sep 2014 18:25:45 GMT
Thanks Dmitriy,

Is anyone working on an open source version of RLFM?

For the moment, I have few enough classes of users that I can just build
multiple recommenders.  For example, one for men and one for women.

What about adaptive on-line algorithms?  Just like Agarwal's Yahoo research
my items may rise and fall in popularity over time.  In fact, time may be
more important than user preferences in my application.

Do I just rebuild every day with a window of recent data, or does Mahout
have something better?