mahout-user mailing list archives

From Shushant Arora <shushantaror...@gmail.com>
Subject FPG Algo in Mahout
Date Wed, 10 Sep 2014 06:35:14 GMT
 I wanted to tallk to you regarding FrequentPatternMining Algo in Mahout.

I have a requirement where My transactions are of form

UserID ItemSets

a         [[1,2,3],[2,3,4,5]]

Itemsets is an array of array where each array represent elements bought
together in a transaction. Here user a did 2 transactions in first he
baught1,2,3 and in second he baught 2,3,4,5.

Here When I do frequent Pattern Mining - say for frequentsets of size 2. I
want algo to emit
1,2
2,3
1,3
2,4
2,5
3,4
3,5
4,5. I.e 2,3 to be emitted only once. If I put my transactions in separate
rows as expected in FPG implementation of Mahout
It will emit 2,3 twice.

Can you help in implementing FPG for this scenario.

Thanks.